Ways to Increase Testosterone Naturally
If you are here reading, then you likely need tips on how to increase your testosterone naturally. Beginning when you are about age 30 the level of testosterone starts to decrease. The effects of lower testosterone can be numerous. Symptoms like depressed mood, lowered sex drive, erectile dysfunction, problems with concentration and memory. If you are a man over 30 you may have already experienced some of these changes. Read on… because there are simple ways to increase test naturally.
Whats the next step?
Best thing is to visit your doctor. Ask for a standard blood test along with the testosterone levels. There can be other factors that cause similar symptoms. The blood test is necessary so you don’t start a unnecessary treatment. Naturopathic doctors can recommend very in-depth blood testing by checking numerous aspects of your biochemistry. Blood testing for test is usually done at least 2 days in the morning. The best type of testing is for “free” testosterone which is a more accurate testosterone measurement. The cost of a “free” level test is expensive and most health insurance won’t cover the it. The test is definitely worth getting. This number will give you starting point number to see if the recommended treatment is effective or not. Another lower cost test for testosterone is the DIY saliva test that you send back to the lab and get results. See the chart below for normal levels of total testosterone. Your doctor may say your readings are normal for your age. What you should target is levels when you were at about age 30. If your doctor recommends replacement, most health providers will not cover the cost testosterone replacement therapy.
Easy steps you can take…
1. Lose Weight
- Studies show that being over weight can decrease testosterone levels in the blood by about 50 percent.
2. Exercises you can try
– Short duration high intensity sets
– Weight training using large muscles
– Compound muscle group type of exercise
3. Consume Enough Zinc
– zinc prevents testosterone from being converted into estrogen
– In very high doses can act as an aromatase inhibitor and reduce estrogen levels
– If you sweat a lot during exercise your level is lowered
4. Maintain Vitamin D Levels
– inhibits the process of aromatization in which testosterone is changed into estrogen
– enhances the sensitivity of receptors on the cells in the androgen glands that release testosterone
– studies show maintaining good levels can increase levels of testosterone
5. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your Diet
– Studies show that sugar in the form of glucose decreases testosterone levels in the blood by about 25 percent.
6. Eat Healthy Fats
– studies show that eating between 30 and 40 percent of the diet from fat most being monounsaturated and saturated will increase testosterone.
7. Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)
– studies have shown that maintaining BCAA as part of a workout protocol will increase testosterone levels.
8. Get enough Magnesium
– improves the body’s antioxidant capacity reducing inflammation and allowing for a large release of Test
9. Get enough Sleep
– studies show getting only 4.5 hours of sleep resulted in a marked decrease in Test
As you can see in the information contained in this article there are plenty of ways to increase your Testosterone naturally. Some are easy and very inexpensive. By following some of these tips you should be able to find what works best for you.
If you are still not sure what to get read this Review of a Top Rated Natural Testosterone Booster with a Money Back Guarantee.