What is Mucuna Pruriens?
In this article we ask the question is Mucuna Pruriens the best Testosterone Booster? What is this strange named plant? Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume also known as Velvet Bean or Cowhage. It is native to Africa and Asia and in recent years can be found in parts of Florida.
The plant is known for the extreme itchiness it produces on contact. It bears lavender of purple flowers. It contains seed pod husks about 10cm long that house up to 7 seeds. The bean, seed, and hair of the bean pod are used to make different natural medicine.
What are the health benefits of Mucuna Puriens?
Mucuna Pruriens has been used for 100’s of years. In certain cultures it’s used as a medicine for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Today it is still used as a treatment option for Parkinson’s disease. Can also be used for treating anxiety, arthritis, parasitic infections.
Common in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia where the blood levels of a hormone called prolactin are too high. Can also be used to relieve pain and fever, to induce vomiting, and to treat snakebite.
How Mucuna Puriens works as the best Test Booster…
- Mucuna pruriens basically stimulates the release of dopamine from the adrenal glands.
- The dopamine blocks the release of prolactin from the pituitary glands.
- Blocking prolactin causes the hypothalamus to secrete more GnRH hormone.
- GnRH causes the pituitary gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH).
- LH then travels to the testes where the Leydig cells to secrete more testosterone.
- Mucuna increases adrenaline and noradrenaline levels in the testes.
- Adrenaline and noradrenaline enhance testosterone secretion in the Leydig cells
Check out some of the Top Rated Mucuna Pruriens supplements.
Mucuna Pruriens Studies Confirm Effects
There are 2 double blind studies, of more than 300 individuals over a 3 month period.
Another study was done related to Parkinson’s disease was found also to benefit symptoms.
This article should have answered the question is Mucuna Pruriens the best Testosterone Booster. Look for those supplements that contain Mucuna Pruriens (also called Velvet Bean) that is standardized to 15-50% L-Dopa or L-Levodopa. Some companies may market large milligram (mg) dosages but only may contain 7.5% L-Dopa.
There is no daily dosage limit but you should not exceed the manufacturers recommendations. Check the label as a 200mg capsule may seem adequate but @15% may only contain 30mg of actual L-Dopa. This supplement shouldn’t be taken by persons under 18 years of age. Consult a physician if you are taking other medications.